Friday, July 30, 2010
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
This year’s program:
- A warm-up Hunter Pace over 3.5 miles of optional cross country jumps.
- The Parade of Hounds and a live Mock Hunt -riding to hounds.
- The famous Mimosa Cup timed cross-country course for single riders.
- Steeplechase Races over a short one-mile course.
- The Mimosa Cup timed race for pairs.
- The Riddle Ride, a relaxed way to ride the trails in the surrounding countryside.
A short snippit of the first chapter of the Equine Canada Rules of Dressage...
"The object of dressage is the development of the horse into a happy athlete through harmonious education. As a result, it makes the horse calm, supple, loose and flexible, but also confident, attentive and keen, thus achieving perfect understanding with the rider. These qualities are revealed by:
The freedom and regularity of the paces;
- the harmony, lightness and ease of the movements;
- the lightness of the forehand and the engagement of the hindquarters, originating from a lively impulsion;
- the acceptance of the bridle, with submissiveness throughout andwithout any tension or resistance.
The horse thus gives the impression of doing, of its own accord, whatis required of it. Confident and attentive, submitting generously to thecontrol of the rider, remaining absolutely straight in any movement on astraight line and bending accordingly when moving on curved lines"http://www.equinecanada.ca/images/stories/EquineCanada/Rules_of_EC/2010/English/12_April/section_e_2010_final_12april10-e.pdf